No matter how much modern fashion leans towards western clothing, ethnic outfits are one of the most important aspects of any Indian woman’s wardrobe. While initially, ethnic fashion did not consist of a whole lot other than sarees, it has undoubtedly successfully kept up with the ever-increasing flow of the latest fashion trends in the industry. Ethnic fashion has gone from being limited to solid sarees to expanding towards a much richer, globally embraced collection of ethnic clothing that includes all kinds of trendy outfits like palazzo suits, lehengas and more.
As always, we find ourselves in the middle of many trendy and fashionable ethnic outfits that are a must-have. Adding these to your wardrobe will not only help impress everyone with your good fashion sense, but it’s also a sure-fire way to boost your self-confidence. Online shopping sites like Myntra are the ideal places to look for such trendy pieces, and when you’re there, here are the best five ethnic outfits you should look for:
- Palazzo Suits: As the name suggests, palazzo suits ideally consist of a straight kurti paired with a palazzo; dupatta can be optional. Available in many different patterns, prints, designs, embroideries, palazzo suits walk the fine line between casual and fancy quite perfectly. Palazzo suits are not only incredibly stylish, but you’ll also have a hard time finding something as comfortable.
- Crop Top Lehengas: Crop tops are all the rage, and it has made its way to ethnic wear paired with lehengas. Surprisingly, crop tops add the perfect edge to a lehenga that keeps it from looking over the top and more settled on elegant Wearing a solid crop top with an embroidered lehenga will give you a very balanced outfit.
- Traditional Sarees: Since the traditional saree industry has gone from solid drapes to a large variety like Banarasi, Kanjeevaram, Bandhani, Chanderi, net, Chikankari and more, the demand is back in full force. The sophistication and rich feel of traditional sarees are undeniable, so don’t forget to stock up on these.
- Floor Length Anarkali Suits: Anarkali suits were preferred at knee or mid-length, but as the latest trends dictate, floor-length Anarkali suits have taken the lead in popularity. The skirt’s flare adds a very royal feel to the whole outfit that you can balance out beautifully with a pair of earrings.
- Long Ethnic Jackets with Kurtis: While long ethnic jackets may not seem like a huge change, they are the key to elevating your outfit instantly yet subtly. An ethnic jacket will brighten up the simplest outfit and add more depth to it. These are also very versatile, so you can get a few pairs and use them with different options.
With these trendy ethnic outfits, you will be the best dressed at any event you show up. Look for these famous brands and affordable prices from stores like Myntra to get your hands on the best pieces. Start shopping!